Book Features include:
Three main parts - Part 1 The Fundamentals: Four Dimensions of Performance Excellence; Part 2 Profile, Processes, Results; Part 3 The Journey. Part 2 includes an individual section for each of the 41 areas to address in the 2009-2010 Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence (CPE). These 41 sections include 7 sub-sections:
- Foundation - Each section begins with an introduction to the basics of the Area to Address.
- Examples - The book includes 112 award winning examples from a variety of 29 high performing organizations including business, healthcare, education, and international.
- Criteria Questions - The actual Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Criteria for Performance Excellence (CPE) is presented verbatim.
- Worksheets - The "fill-in-the-blank" worksheets help writers and assessors collect and organize information about the organization’s key factors, processes, and results. See CD-ROM for editable worksheets.
- Assessment - These diagnostic questions help the organization quickly “take the temperature" of the organization by providing a rough estimate score.
- Blueprint - The blueprints provide a "visual version" of the particular CPE area to address.
- System Integration - These sections explain over 260 linkages to help the management system designer develop an aligned and integrated organization system.
- Paul Worstell - President, PRO-TEC Coating Company
- Mike Murphy - President and CEO, Sharp HealthCare
- Joe Alexander - former Dean, Monfort College of Business
Table of Contents - Download
With the book you also get a CD-ROM. This CD supplements the book – Baldrige User’s Guide: Organization Diagnosis, Design, and Transformation. It contains:
The Book: A PDF version of the book is included so that the user can take it with them on their mobile devices.
Worksheets: “Fill in the blank” editable MSWord file to facilitate data collection and documentation for internal assessments and award application.
Each of these features help clarify and enhance the organization diagnosis, design, and transformation experience.
Who will benefit?
Improve bottom-line results - For anyone improving organizational performance. Whether you are diagnosing the existing organization, redesigning the management systems and processes or leading the transformation, this practical guide has the tools and advice that you need to build a high performing organization.
drive integrated improvement throughout the organization. This is the first detailed user manual to focus on organizations using the Baldrige criteria to improve results and apply for the award.
Performance Excellence Professionals
understand the organization system and guide the design and redesign of new systems.
Award Examiners and internal assessors understand world-class excellence through real-world examples and evaluate integration and alignment using blueprints and system integration explanations.
CD-ROM ISBN: 978KPART07742